It’s the holiday szn and while we’re sure that as dedicated fashion lovers, most of you have probably already done all of your seasonal shopping, there’s still time to (barely) squeeze in a wish list before January comes around. This year has been filled with fashion faux pas and funny viral fashion, and trendz on trendz on trendz. We’re not sure if we’re ready for this year to be over just yet because we’ve really loved 2018, but we are definitely ready for new fashion fads to make their way into our news feeds. Even though this a ~little~ last minute, all we want for Christmas are 2018 fashion trends!
1. First up on our wish list is a trend that resurfaced for best and for worst: fanny packs (or bum bags, for all of you UK fashion lovers). These ironic yet functional bags have been brought back into the mainstream and reclaimed from moms at amusement parks (who can still totally rock them – you go, amusement park moms!). They’re hip and chic and fashionable again, and the only reason we’re not totally against them is because they are ~so~ easy to carry. You can strap them across your chest or hips and you’re all set to go. 2018, thank you for these bad (bag?) boys.
2. Next up are chunky dad shoes, a trend that can be found practically EVERYWHERE. Of course nothing will ever top the OG Balenciaga ones, but just like the fanny pack, this ugly fashion trend has won our hearts!
3. We don’t even know what 2018 would look like without animal prints. In case you somehow missed the craze, check out our full post about this particular trend that we CANNOT get enough of.
4. It’s winter, so obviously over-sized jackets are on this list, despite retailers’ ~questionable~ styling choices, as we discussed here.
5. Last up on our 2018 fashion trend wish list are matching sets! We’re going to have to blame (credit?) a certain celebrity clan for this trend, which has definitely made a dent in the fashion world. Kardashian-Jenners, we’re looking at you!
So, if you needed any more of a reason to be nostalgic about 2018 fashion, we hope this is it. Or if you just need an extra thing or two to add to your last minute Christmas list, here ya go. Let us know your favorite fashion trend of 2018 on @fashionlovermag